Getting to know all about you. Getting to know you like me.
Something like that. I remember seeing the King and I on the stage when I was 6 years old. We went downtown to Chicago and saw Yul Brenner in his best role ever. Bald and bare chested. But I was 6, I wasn’t paying attention to that. I liked Anna’s dress. Oh my goodness, how I wanted a hoop skirt with yards and yards of shiny silk to flow over it! I wanted to dance and waltz and sing. My blog byline is ‘Confessions of a Middle Aged Drama Queen’ for goodness sake!
Thank you to Heather Christena Schmidt over at the B(itch) Blog AND Hyperactive Inefficiency for both awarding me with the Versatile Blogger Award. You both are awesome and I love reading your works. Please visit their posts and enjoy them too.
This means a lot to me, because a) I like to be liked b) I am a Leo and need attention and c) I feel insecure about my blogging so I like it when other blogs reach a virtual hand out to me and pat me on the back.
So typically these
chainletter types of blog awards have me disclose something about myself and then pay it forward by awarding other blogs with these awards. Like Duck, Duck Goose; or Heads Up Seven UP. You pick your friends and then they pick you.
So here’s 7 things you shouldn’t know about me but will now, followed by 15 blogs I’ve discovered to be interesting.
1) I have done the flying trapeze 5 times. I even did a stunt on it. This wasn’t in the circus, but still. I was sweating bullets and almost peed my pants. But I did it.
2) I love crap television. Scoff all you want- Kardashians, Jerseylicious, Real Housewives, Pregnant in Heels. It’s mind-numbingly awesome.
3) I’ve never done recreational drugs. Not one puff of pot. Can’t even handle Tylenol with Codeine. I’m so boring.
4) Saw my first opera at age 8. It was Carmen and I loved it.
5) Wanted desperately to be a jockey when I was ages 7 to 11. I think this was fueled by watching movies like The Black Stallion, International Velvet and episodes of Little House. I wanted to be around horses. I was already too tall though.
6) I love clipping my son’s toenails. It’s weird. But this list is supposed to be REVEALING.
7) I wish Branston Pickle was a condiment in America.
Now to name 15 blogs that are interesting to me – visit them.
I am bestowing the Versatile Blogger to you so please be sure to thank me in your acceptance speeches. You’re welcome: